Ayurvedic Yoga Massage combines traditional Indian Deep Tissue Massageand Yoga-Based Stretching Therapies. This original method of AYM was developed in the early 1980s by Master Kusum Modak from Pune, India.
A female student of Pune based Indian Yoga Guru BKS Iyengar, Kusum brings together the essence of Iyengar Yoga practice, along with her personal experience on Ayurvedic massage gained from her old teacher Master Lamaye Maharaj, an expert in the art of therapeutic massage.
The individual session of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage ARYM is given on a mattress on the floor. Treatment duration varies between 50-90 minutes. The treatment involves alternation between Deep Tissue massage and a series of stretches covering all regions of the body. Gradually a sense of openness and presence is brought to the receiver. Both hands and feet are used in the delivery of the massage. Another unique tool of the AYM massage is the use of Calamus powder mixed with just a little oil brings out the toxins from the body; the scrubbing and stimulating feeling awakens the skin, blood circulation and senses.
AYM-ARYM therapy brings instant benefits on physical, psychological and energetic levels, among them:
- Harmonizes the flow of vital energy (Prana) and induces a deep sense of stillness and opening.
- Stimulates breathing capacity and promotes the circulation of all the body’s fluids.
- Releases over-tension in the muscles and looses joint stiffness.
- Streches fascias and realigns body structure.
- Increases the range of movement and improves correct posture.
- Others benefits to the recipient are…
The massage guarantees 100% satisfaction for all training and individual sessions.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage – Ayurvedic Massage ARYM®
ARYM® (Ayurvedic Restorative Yoga Massage) has been found to be beneficial to:
- Enhance muscular coordination
- Develop proprioception
- Enhance circulation of all body liquids
- Reduce Muscle Tension
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Realign anatomical structure
- Increase Energy
ARYM® (Ayurvedic Restorative Yoga Massage) has been found to be beneficial for many conditions, either as a cure or as a means of providing relief, promoting recovery from injury and illness, such as:
- Mental stress and physical tension
- Joint and muscle pain related to stiffness or illness, (such as tendonitis, Arthritis, …)
- Respiratory problems, (such as shallow breathing, asthma…)
- Problems with circulation related to stiffness and lack of exercise
- Bad posture and all forms of back, neck and shoulder pain, (such as: scoliosis, slipped disc, imbalance in the pelvic girdle, frozen shoulder…)
- Pain in the limbs, (such as repetitive strain injuries (RSIs), morning stiffness, knee pain, tennis and golf elbow, Rheumatoid Poly-Arthritis, imbalance in the hip joints, bunion deformity, Hallux Valgus…)
- Constipation and other transit problems
- Stress, anxiety, depression, exhaustion and lethargy
- Migraine, headaches, insomnia and other sleep-related problems